All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Some Ideas from Raf
PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug 2014 10:48 

Here I find the design of this fabulous fountain

voilà je trouve le design de cette fontaine fabuleux

PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug 2014 13:30 
Administrateur du site

Despite the low colors count of Dungeon Master (16 colors on Atari ST), i always thought the artworks were so great !!! The style, the details etc. etc. all is so great ! :geek:

PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug 2014 17:02 

hi the character will multiclass ???

les characters seront multiclasser ???

I mean a warrior ninja or sorcerer may be ????

Je veux dire un guerrier pourra devenir ninja ou sorcier ????

if you will integrate a system has the dungeon master or the character level up according to their shares example: If you tape it to the ax level up as a warrior

si tu va intégrer un systéme a la dungeon master ou le personnage monte de niveau en fonction de ses actions exemple : si tu tape a la hache il monte de niveau comme guerrier

do a lot of levels so the player arrives at the most difficult to raise rise

faire beaucoup de niveau de sorte que le joueur arrive difficilement au niveau le plus éléver

it is a problem of the Legend of Grimrock there are 50 levels in all but the player comes too fast or maximum level after there are more pleasures

C'est un des probléme de legend of grimrock il y a 50 niveau mais le joueur arrive trop vite au niveau maximum aprés il n'y a plus de plaisir

in this dungeon master is very well dosed

dans dungeon master cela est trés bien doser

there is a lot of class craft to reach the maximum level archmaster grandmaster

il y a beaucoup de classe de métier pour arriver au niveau maximale archmaster grand maitre

neophyte - apprenti - compagnon - artisan - adepte - expert - maitre - petit maitre - maitre moyen - grand maitre ..............................

and experience required to level up is doubled each time so it takes a lot of time and patience to get the player has a very level raise rise

et l'expérience requise pour monter de niveau est a chaque fois doubler de sorte qu'il faut beaucoup de temps et de patience au joueur d'arriver a un niveau trés éléver

example to go from novice to apprentice must experience such as 1000 to go from apprentice to journeyman ex 2000 ....... this is each time doubling the system of progression level dungeon master is ship your I find

pour passer de néophyte à apprenti il faut par exemple 1000 expérience pour passer de apprenti a compagnon 2000 ex....... c'est a chaque fois doubler le systéme de progression des niveau de dungeon master est le meilleurs je trouve

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug 2014 17:29 

hi RAF ;)

in dm you do get a higher base experience multiplier in lower dungeon floors. This means, you will have a hard time training to archmaster level on the first dungeon floor, because needed exp skyrockets. In effect you get much more experience on lower levels(far far down) for the same training sessions; I do think you have a considerably easier time training there to archmaster. So needed experience to level up doubles but you get six times more experience.
This being said, dm is really a great game. Maybe a list of features for DKings would help us get a better understanding what it will be like eventually.

I will start this list now:
Dungeon Kings

Monsters and Floor setup
- floors provide space for one monster.
- monsters die and dissassemble into triangles
- Probably two positions for placement of items per floor tile.
- Pits, Levers, Buttons, Illusionary Walls, Stairs.
- Items can be thrown, even down stairs!

- Probably different illumination/ lighting of the dungeon corridors.
(darkness without lightsource)

Inventory
- (not seen much, likely holds 10 items as of now)
- maybe one inventory for whole party
- items seem to have no weight attribute

- will there be dual wield, and 2hand use of swords?

Classes/ Heroes
- probably ranged and melee
- Life/ Hp visible
RAF mentioned wounds/ healing how does that work
- no spell energy as of now
( how does spellcasting work? Do spells exist? Or is magic so rare. .)

- heroes creation at start of game?
- what classes will there be (if there is a class centric approach in the first place)

ok that's it for now..

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug 2014 19:07 
Administrateur du site

RAF wrote:
A-hi the character will multiclass ??? I mean a warrior ninja or sorcerer may be ????
B-if you will integrate a system has the dungeon master or the character level up according to their shares example: If you tape it to the ax level up as a warrior
C-do a lot of levels so the player arrives at the most difficult to raise rise
it is a problem of the Legend of Grimrock there are 50 levels in all but the player comes too fast or maximum level after there are more pleasures
in this dungeon master is very well dosed
there is a lot of class craft to reach the maximum level archmaster grandmaster
neophyte - apprenti - compagnon - artisan - adepte - expert - maitre - petit maitre - maitre moyen - grand maitre ..............................
and experience required to level up is doubled each time so it takes a lot of time and patience to get the player has a very level raise rise
example to go from novice to apprentice must experience such as 1000 to go from apprentice to journeyman ex 2000 ....... this is each time doubling the system of progression level dungeon master is ship your I find

Hi Raf, well i added "Letters" to link to my answers:

A-Yes we use a similar system as Dungeon Master. You have differents "Arts", Art of Magic, Art of Warrior, "Art of Stealth/Ninja" etc. etc.
The system is great, i remember i personnaly enjoyed it very much in Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back.

B-Yes you will gain XP and in the right art, according you actions. Attack and hurt with a sword -> gain XP to Art of Warrior

c-Balance is very important. And will care a lot about the player's progression. Still a bit early to know if we are successfull on that side thought, but we'll improve it over time if required.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug 2014 19:33 
Administrateur du site

zigo wrote:
hi RAF ;)
in dm you do get a higher base experience multiplier in lower dungeon floors. This means, you will have a hard time training to archmaster level on the first dungeon floor, because needed exp skyrockets. In effect you get much more experience on lower levels(far far down) for the same training sessions; I do think you have a considerably easier time training there to archmaster. So needed experience to level up doubles but you get six times more experience.
This being said, dm is really a great game. Maybe a list of features for DKings would help us get a better understanding what it will be like eventually.

Worth mentioning that in Dungeon Master, the character will gain less xp if you choose to resurrect it instead of reincarnation.

zigo wrote:
I will start this list now:
Dungeon Kings

Monsters and Floor setup
- floors provide space for one monster.
- monsters die and dissassemble into triangles
- Probably two positions for placement of items per floor tile.
- Pits, Levers, Buttons, Illusionary Walls, Stairs.
- Items can be thrown, even down stairs!

- Probably different illumination/ lighting of the dungeon corridors.
(darkness without lightsource)

Inventory
- (not seen much, likely holds 10 items as of now)
- maybe one inventory for whole party
- items seem to have no weight attribute

- will there be dual wield, and 2hand use of swords?

Classes/ Heroes
- probably ranged and melee
- Life/ Hp visible
RAF mentioned wounds/ healing how does that work
- no spell energy as of now
( how does spellcasting work? Do spells exist? Or is magic so rare. .)

- heroes creation at start of game?
- what classes will there be (if there is a class centric approach in the first place)

ok that's it for now..

Hello zigo,

First, thanks for joining the forum :)
Here are my answers/comments:

Monsters and Floor setup:
Not sure yet, but it think floors can handle more than one monster. Actually in the code, it already handles a monster "occupancy" factor. I just need a bit more testing to aloow creature move together...but i don't really want that. I don't wan't creature to move as one big block: instead, my goal is to let creatures to be free : so they can join another monster on a tile if there is room for it, but they can also leave it anytime, even the other monster stay on it.

About pits, stairs etc. etc. there more. And you may have noted we can burn some part of the environment :-)

Inventory
-Well yes we have an inventory for each hero. Just didn't showed it yet. If you look at some screenshots with the opened equipment tab, you can notine -severals buttons on the tom of the sheet, with an orange light, to show wich sheet is opened and access to the other ones.
-Item has Weight attribute of course, just not displayed yet. very soon :)
-Yes some weapons can be dual hands action.

Classes/ Heroes
- Magic is designed, but not yet finished to be integrated. It's a mix of Dungeon Master and Eye of Beholder: you can create spells using runes, but not to cast them, to create them and add them into you magic book. Once the spells are part of your magic book, you can cast them anytime (if you have enough mana of course). Note you can also gain spells in other ways.
- Energy is not a gauge in Dungeon Kings, but a status, just like poisoned: if you are tired, you'll see an icon on the portrait.
- There are Food and water gauges.
- Magic gauge (Mana) : i was planning to use a brighting on the portrait frame, more it brights, more mane you have. But not sure yet, i may finally add a real bar for it.
- Character Creations: yes there is, you an create your team. About races, currently: elf, dark elf, goblin, humain, hobbit, and a few "unclassified" races.
- Class in Dugeon Kings is just a matter of levels in each "arts" (see reply to Raf). I may create some class names according in wich art you dominate.

Regards :)

PostPosted: Tue 26 Aug 2014 17:48 

I read is that you wrote above kanda, and it seems very good,
the system of magic that you said looks to be interesting,
issue but a warrior character who has no knowledge of magic will try to cast a magic spell ???,there will also be a message that says that this character can not be run out or something like that ????
and when the characters will level up will have as dungeon master in a message that says that character is just one rank ninja such ????
will he also training ??? two champion before two behind champion like dungeon master ???? (I find that beast in might and magic legacy that no training )
were able to see in dungeon king 2 or 4 enemies in a single cell of the dungeon as the 4 mummies dungeon master or 4 soldier ????
and I know if I already asked you but the characters will be king dungeon multiclass ??? such a champion can be ninja warrior and sorcerer ???? all three at the same time ???
have become very good thing that you just tell us about dungeon king above kanda :)
PS : it's just that I want to know if all the details are present in your games
her things that have had so much love in dungeon master ;)

Hi Raf,
-A warrior can try to cast spell, yes, but will be difficult. Of course it requires the warrior to have mana...So take care when creating character.
-Somehow caracters are multiclass all of them as a level into each "arts" (warrior, magic,...).
-yes you will be notified when a character gain level
-not sure yet you will define accurate position, but instead you may just choose "front position in team" or "back position". So you won't be limite with two heroes attacking with melee weapons.

regards
kanda

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep 2014 00:12 

question y aura t-il comme dans dungeon master la gestion des blessures ????
et des potions pour guerire les partie du corps blesser ????
il y aura une classe de pretre comme dans dungeon master ???
sera t-il possible comme dans dungeon master d'écraser un ennemis sous les portes ???
merci de la réponse

issue there will there be like dungeon master injury management ????
and potions to guerire the body part hurt ????
there will be a class of priest like dungeon master ???
will it be like in a dungeon master to crush enemies under doors ???
thank you for the answer

PostPosted: Fri 26 Sep 2014 08:26 
Administrateur du site

RAF wrote:
-issue there will there be like dungeon master injury management ????
-and potions to guerire the body part hurt ????
-there will be a class of priest like dungeon master ???
-will it be like in a dungeon master to crush enemies under doors ???
thank you for the answer

Hello Raf,
-Yes for injury management
-The potions and spells will bless the whole body
-Yes, but it's not called priest, but it may change.
-Yes you can use the environment :)

Post subject: Re: some tips from Raf
PostPosted: Wed 3 Oct 2018 09:38 

RAF wrote:
and also it will add diversity to the door games

et aussi il faudra ajouter de la diversité au porte du jeux

and especially a door adorned with gold gold he gave the impression Rachat de crédit plus réserve d'argent that the player is hiding behind a treasure thing that has not been done in Legend of Grimrock a door ornate golden door as a door can adorn gold dungeon master

et surtout une porte en or ornée d'or qu'il laissait croire au joueur que se cache un trésors dérriere chose qui na pas été fait dans legend of grimrock une porte en or orner d'or une porte un peux comme la porte de orner d'or de dungeon master

Wooden door as metal or scrap

aussi porte en bois en métal ou en ferraille

It's very deep! Myself I am a little lost but good. In any case, thank you for sharing.